These are my notes for the excellent recipe by Jamie Oliver: lemon linguine
Comment: If the lemons are small or not too juicy, use three. Stop cooking the pasta 1 mn before properly cooked, drain it and put back on low heat to stay warm while mixing in the cheese mix. Go for real good cheese: Parmigiano-Reggiano. There should ne no need to add salt to the pasta since the cheese is already salted and so was the cooking water.
- 400 g of linguine or spaghetti
- juice of 2- lemons and zest of 1
- 6 tablespoons [80 ml] EVOO - careful, some tablespoons are pretty small.
- 120 g Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated
- a handfull of basil leaves picked and ripped (opt)
- S + P
Cook the linguine in a generous amount of boiling, salted water until al dente, then drain thoroughly and return to the saucepan.
Meanwhile, beat the lemon juice and zest with the olive oil, add a generous amount of pepper, the grated cheese, mix well.
Add the lemon sauce to the linguine and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
Add and mix the basil.