Comments: It is better to cook each vegetable separately and to stop the cooking when they are still firm but no longer crunchy. Alternatively, the salt cooking water can be replaced by vegetable or chicken broth. For potatoes, use if possible a variety that remains firm when cooking (for a consistency similar to other vegetables).
Finally it is best to peel them after cooking so that they do not absorb too much water - it will therefore be necessary to use more salt than normal in the water.
Cook the beans whole, pass them in cold water as soon as cooked (it helps to keep the color), then cut them into 1 to 1.5 cm pieces.
4 to 6 servings
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 potatoes cooked unpeeled, then peeled and cut after cooking
- 1 medium turnip peeled and diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen peas
- 225 g (1/2 lb.) green beans trimmed
- 200 ml (1- cup) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley (not too much!)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh chopped chives (not too much!)
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice, to taste (~1/2 lemon)
- a few drops of tabasco or a little cayenne pepper
Cook all the vegetables in boiling salted water, until they are tender.
Drain well and put in a salad bowl:
- beans: 15 mn, immediately put in cold water, and cut into sections of ~ 1 cm.
- carrots, turnips: 20- mn
- pdt: 15 mn, test with a toothpick or a knife point
- peas: see packaging (8 to 10 mn)
Add the herbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and tabasco, and mix well.