for 2 to 2.5 l of consommé
1 oxtail (650 g or more)
5+ parsley stems
4 medium onions
10 black peppercorns
2 sprigs of thyme
1 large bay leaf
2 garlic cloves
- Put the oxtail in a large saucepan with 3 liters of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices. Peel the onions and cut into 4. Clean the leek and cut into slices.
Add the vegetables to the oxtail and all the spices after removing the foam.
- Cook for 4 hours on low heat, then strain the consommé with a strainer. Add 1 to 1.5 liters of water during cooking, to finish with 2 to 2.5 l broth.
- After 3 hours, break the meat from the bones and cook for 1 more hour, add salt (not too much) and taste.
- After 4 hours, retrieve the carrots, and sieve the rest. Discard the solids.
- Serve the hot broth with a schlook of dry port.